An Emergency situation can strike at any time. It is our responsibility to make things ready in advance for meeting the emergency situation effectively so that you can reduce the effect to some extent. There are two major kinds of disaster can happen at any times, one is the natural disaster, and the other one is a man-made disaster. There are many ways that you can make some arrangements to tackle any disasters. One of the best methods is to arrange for a good bug-out bag or a go bag so that you can handle the emergency situation properly. According to the experts at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/, the following guide can help you out with all the details about the bug-out-bag and the importance of having a bag at all the times.
You will get advance information by the Government agencies for some kind of natural disasters so that it is easy for you to arrange a bug-out-bag as per your requirements. Natural disasters include hurricanes, floods, volcanic eruptions, tornadoes, tsunami and earthquake. Man-made disasters, on the other, cannot be expected at any time. Whatever may be the disaster type, it is good to prepare in advance so that you can reduce the risk considerably.
· The bug-out-bag is the ultimate option which is readily available for handling any kind of emergency situations. If you are planning to have a bug-out-bag, you need to check for many important factors so that the purpose of having the bag will be fulfilled. Normally, the bug-out-bags are designed to keep things for 72 hours so that you can survive for three days with the help of the essential items packed in the bag without any problems.
· The standard size bug-out-bags are capable of storing the essential items for three days to survive. If the demand is to stay at the rescue place for more than 3 days, then you have to consider buying a bigger size bag. Make sure that you can comfortably carry the bug-out-bag and it normally depends on the size and weight of the items packed in the bag. The following are must have items in your bug-out-bag
· Make sure that your bag has a separate place for keeping some water bottles. Water is one of the essential items for a human being to survive. You need a minimum of 1 litre of water per day so ensure that you have a minimum of 3 litres of water. If your stay is crossing more than 3 days, then it is good to have a comfortable water heater so that you can purify the outside water for drinking purpose
· There are many packed food items are available in the market, and you can consume directly, and there is no need for cooking. There are some special foods items are also available that are made only for long survival purposes
· Pack some clothes that are capable of surviving in all climate conditions. Also, make sure to take a travel knife as you can do many things using a travel knife.